Live Scan Fingerprints
LIVE SCAN SERVICES HAVE BEEN RESUMED.
NEW GUIDELINES ARE IN PLACE TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF OUR EMPLOYEES AND THE PUBLIC.
- The public MUST wear their own mask during fingerprinting.
- Prior to being fingerprinted, your temperature will be taken. If your temperature is over 100 degrees Fahrenheit, your appointment will be canceled. You will be able to reschedule an appointment for a date no sooner than 14 days from the original appointment date.
- The Placerville Police Dept. employee will be wearing an N95 mask and gloves during your appointment.
- All equipment will be sanitized after each use.
Thank you very much for your patience and cooperation.
The Placerville Police Department provides Live Scan (Digital) and Fingerprint Card services for the community by appointment only. Please call to schedule an appointment.
We schedule appointments for the current week. We start taking appointments on Thursdays for the next current schedule.
Tuesday - Thursday 8:00 am to 12:00 pm
Call for an appointment.
Rolling Fee: $20.00
Fees* DOJ and FBI
*You may be responsible for other background fees, DOJ (California) $32.00, and FBI (National) $17.00. If your Live Scan form does not have a billing number, then you will be responsible for all fees.
For your appointment you will need the following:
- Live Scan Request form or a Fingerprint Card. (This should be supplied to you by the agency requesting your background)
- A valid Drivers License or DMV Identification card
- Payment by Cash, Check, Debit or Credit card. (VISA or MasterCard)
The appointment takes about 15 minutes, and the background is usually at its destination (requesting agency) in three to five business days.