The Community Services Department consists of the following divisions:
Facilities - Maintenance of Placerville Station Park and Ride, Placerville Aquatics Center, Town Hall, Scout Hall, Gold Bug Park and Mine, and City Parks.
Parks - Operation of: Historic Gold Bug Park and Mine, Lions Park Softball Complex, Lumsden Pond, El Dorado Trial, Placerville Aquatic Center, and neighborhood parks.
Public Works - Operation and Maintenance of City streets, water and sewer system, and storm drain maintenance.
Recreation - Management and operations of: Youth and Adult Sports Leagues, Leisure Enrichment Classes, Summer Camps, Aquatics Programs, Special Events, and Facility Rentals.
The Community Services Department is located at the following address:
549 Main St.
Placerville, CA 95667
You can reach us at:
(530) 642-5232 Main
(530) 642-5236 Fax
Business hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
For after hour sewer, water or street emergencies call: (530) 642-5298
Request for Bids
2018 Re-Roof Old City Hall and Town Hall Projects - Specifications
NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
Proposals will be received in the Office Garland/DBS Inc.– at 3800 East 91st Street Cleveland, OH 44105, until 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 21st, 2018 for the “CITY OF PLACERVILLE-OLD CITY HALL AND THE CITY OF PLACERVILLE-TOWN HALL” Re-roof projects.
- To assure consideration, all proposals shall be made on the blank forms of proposal attached to these Specifications and shall be sent to Garland/DBS Inc.: DBSBIDS@GARLANDIND.COM Atten: Steve Rojak (216) 641-7500. Garland/DBS at 3800 East 91st Street Cleveland, OH 44105 and marked, “CITY OF PLACERVILLE-OLD CITY HALL” and CITY OF PLACERVILLE-TOWN HALL.
- Project Documents may be viewed and copies are available at no cost at Town Hall 549 Main Street, Placerville, California 95667 or by contacting Garland/DBS Inc.
- A No Fee Permit will be provided by the City of Placerville Development Services Department.
- Garland/DBS Inc. shall reject any bid when the bidder has not attended the mandatory pre-bid conference, and completed the bidder’s sign-up sheet.
- Following receipt of written notification of contract award, the contractor shall execute and return the Agreement within ten (10) calendar days. The contract work shall commence in 2019, weather permitting, and shall be completed within 2019.
- The Notice to Proceed will be issued by the Garland/DBS Inc. after execution of the contract, and confirm the date by which work under the contract must commence, as herein above specified
- A Mandatory Pre-Bid Conference will be held Wednesday November 7th, 2018 at 11:00 a.m. The Prospective Bidders are to assemble at The City of Placerville-Town Hall, at 549 Main Street Placerville, Ca. The Pre-bid Conference is mandatory for Roofing Contractors. The Roofing Contractor shall visit both project sites and familiarize himself with the scope of the Project PRIOR TO SUBMITTING A BID. If the contractor finds any errors, omissions, or discrepancies in the plans or specifications, he/she shall notify the Garland/DBS Inc. immediately by calling Tim Samaniego at 775-722-9822.