Recreation and Parks Division FAQ's

No answers matched your search


The current Activity Guide can be found on the City Website or online at It is also available at Town Hall located at 549 Main Street.

Unfortunately, you cannot register for classes online.  We do accept registrations over the phone at 530-642-5232, by fax at (530) 642-5236, by mail to 549 Main St.  Placerville, CA 95667, or in person at Town Hall at 549 Main St.

We accept Visa, Master Card, cash, or checks made out to the City of Placerville.

The City of Placerville’s Recreation for Youth Fund provides financial assistance for children of all ages and abilities to participate in recreation activities conducted by the City of Placerville Community Services Department.  The purpose of the fund is to ensure that no child be denied an opportunity to participate because they are unable to pay.  The Youth Assistance Fund provides a 50% discount good for one program per child every six months.  In order to be eligible applicants must currently be participating in a low-income program, and provide proof of participation.  For more information contact the City of Placerville Community Services Department at (530) 642-5232.

Full refunds may be processed if requested prior to the second program meeting if the class has more than one day.  Refund totals can be applied towards the registration cost of another class or can be returned to you.   Refunds may take 2-4 weeks from date of processing.

If you are interested in teaching a class through the City of Placerville Community Services Department you will need to submit a completed class proposal form.  Forms can be located online at or at the Community Services Department.  If you have any questions about applications, becoming an instructor, new classes, etc. contact the Community Services Department at (530) 642-5232.

There is a sports hotline that teams can contact.  The line is updated on game days if a cancellation occurs.  To access the sports hotline call (530) 642-5232, follow the prompts, and listen to the message.

League information including start dates are available in the current Activity Guide or by contacting the Community Services District at (530) 642-5232.

Rosters, add/drop forms, and league entry request forms are available at the Community Services Department or online at

The pool is heated and is kept at a temperature range of 81-82 degrees.

As mandated by the State participants are required to be 48 inches tall in order to go down the water slide at the City Pool.

The dates the Aquatics Center is open can be found in our Summer Activity Guide

Any patron entering the facility is required to pay the admission fee, whether they are swimming or not.

The pool is available for rental on specific days and times.  Rental information can be obtained in the Summer Activity Guide for availability contact the City of Placerville Community Services Department at (530) 642-5232.


It will be in the last few pages in of the current Activity Guide, which can be found on the City’s website at

Lion’s Park’s Gazebo is available for rentals. Contact the Community Services Department at (530) 642-5232.

City Park and Lions Park have individual charcoal BBQ’s available on a first come first serve for public use.

Private BBQ’s are not allowed in the City Parks.

There is no power or water available for public use in any of the City Parks.

There are no bounce houses, dunk tanks, etc. allowed at any of the parks.

Amplified music is not allowed at any of the parks.

Contact the Community Services Department at (530) 642-5232. The key is good from January-December of the given year and is $20.