Building Division - Construction Permit Information

building permit.jpg

Construction Applications and Information:

Constructions Permit Forms/Applications  Note: Do not use this form for Planning Applications .
(exception: Engineering's Grading, Encroachment and Transportation permit ).

Plans and Permitting Information (helpful information for submitting for your project)

Construction without a permit (booklet)

As-Built Requirements; Structures Built Prior to Permitting

Will I need a permit? You may find your answer on this page.

What does a site plan look like? 

Single Family Dwelling Booklet (this is a guide and fee costs may vary due to Fee Schedule changes)

Accessory Dwelling Units (ADU)

Owner-Builder brochure and What is an Owner-Builder.

Plan Check Submittal List

What is a Certificate of Occupancy?  certificate of occupancy is a document issued by a local government agency or building department certifying a building's compliance with applicable building codes and other laws, and indicating it to be in a condition suitable for occupancy.

How to submit a permit application using our fillable permit forms: 

Before filling out our application form(s), please verify that the job location is within the city limits by go to and that the structure is not a manufacture dwelling unit (all permits related to work being performed on a manufactured dwelling must be permitted through the California Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD)).

Our Building Division forms are online and are fillable.  Please complete the form(s), print and sign in the appropriate locations, provide the owner signed Carbon Monoxide/Smoke Alarm Declaration form, scan the form(s) and email them with all supporting documents to:   It is important to include the valuation of the project on the application and provide your City Business license number (contact Finance at: (530) 642-5223 to verify your license is up-to-date or fill out the license form and call the Finance number to submit your license application).  Upon receiving the emailed application and documents, the fees will be calculated and that  information emailed back to you (please allow us up to 24 hours to respond).  Payments can be made by phone (530) 642-5240, using a credit or debit card and a copy of the receipt will be scanned and emailed back to you.  Payments made by check will be sequestered for a 48 hour period.  At issuance, the permit, receipt, and approved plans (if any) will be scanned and sent to you.  The job copy(ies) will be taken to the site at the first inspection.  

Development Services Department , Building Division
City Hall, Second Floor
3101 Center Street
Placerville, CA 95667

For general inquiries or to request an appointment during office hours: (530) 642-5240
To request an inspection 24 hours a day: (530) 642-5241

Updated 7/30/2021